The main goal of the Whitman County Palouse Empire Fair is to promote, develop, and improve the agriculture, livestock, business, industry and home life of residents and visitors. Honoring traditions while conducting fairs, exhibits, entertainment, and educational programs furthers this goal.
All activities should promote the fostering of good fellowship, good sportsmanship, and good citizenship and encourage the conservation of the soil and other natural resources of Whitman County.
- Augmenting services available to the tourism industry of the area.
- Conduct and promote the annual Palouse Empire Fair
- Cultivating citizen participation through the development of a positive volunteer program.
- Defining the Fairgrounds as a regional resource.
- Impacting the revenue picture of the local economy.
- Maintain and improve the amenities of the facilities located at the Palouse Empire Fairgrounds
- Managing camping on the Palouse Empire Fairgrounds, both year round and during the Fair.
- Scheduling events in/around the Palouse Empire Fairgrounds, both year round and during the Fair.
- Showcasing the agricultural heritage of the area.
Next Fair Board Meeting:
The next Fair Board Meeting is July 27, 2020, at 7:30pm, call in.