Whitman County
WWW Whitman County


(509) 397-4622


400 N. Main Street

Colfax, 99111

Please see a

department’s individual

page for department

specific contact


Probation Hints

Probation Information:

Probation is often court-ordered as a part of the sentence handed down in district court. The defendant will be under the supervision of a probation officer during the course of probation.

Those placed on probation must contact the probation office immediately following the court order/conviction. The probation office will schedule an intake appointment with a probation officer or have the necessary paperwork completed for a letter to be sent. At this time, the court order and probation obligations will be discussed.

Email is a quick and effective way to make contact and communicate with the probation officer. The e-mail address can be found on the main probation page. Due to the high number of clients, your call may go to voicemail. Please speak clearly and leave your name, telephone number, the reason for calling and case number if available. The probation office will return your call as quickly as possible. If you do not receive a response by the following day, it is your responsibility to contact the office again. It is best to call prior to stopping in the office to ensure an officer is available to meet with you.           

Payment options include cash, check, money order or debit/credit card. A transaction fee will be added for debit/credit card payments. Please do not send cash through the mail. If requested, a receipt will be mailed to you. The receipt will indicate the amount of the payment made and the balance on your account. The balance includes probation fees and court fines. It is important to note that the monthly supervised probation fees are added for the entire length of your probation. If you are switched to unsupervised probation or your probation is terminated early, the remainder of the probation fees will be waived at that time.

It is your responsibility, the defendant, to comply with the court order and probation obligations. If you have any questions or concerns we suggest contacting the probation office before you are in non-compliance. We are here to help assist you and answer questions. If you fail to comply with the court order, a probation violation (PV) will be filed and a notice mailed to you. Please see the Probation Violation page for more information.

It is very important to stay in monthly contact and keep the court and probation office apprised on your address.

Copyright (c) Whitman County 2018 Official Whitman County Colfax, WA Website
By using this website you agree to the following disclaimer:  Disclaimer - Email Webmaster