Filing a Petition


Real Property and Personal Property


“Settling disagreements on property value.

You can contact your county assessor’s office at (509) 397-6220 to review your valuation whenever you have questions about your property value. Property owners can often settle disagreements at this level without continuing the appeal process. However, you still need to preserve your appeal rights by timely filing your appeal form with the Board of Equalization.”


Petition Filing Instructions  

To begin your appeal process, please click the link below and thoroughly read all information provided in the Washington State Department of Revenue document:

"Appealing Your Property Assessment to the County Board of Equalization"


Office Hours and Location

The office of the Whitman County Board of Equalization is open Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. The office is located in the Whitman County Public Service Building, 310 N Main Street, Colfax, WA 99111.


Helpful Contacts

Whitman County Assessor’s Phone (509) 397-6220. 


The Clerk of the Board can assist you in answering questions as time allows.  or phone (509) 397-5251.